Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dr. King and the 100th day!

Since Dr. King's holiday was a day for no school, we still had time to talk about how important he is and was before. We even watched his famous "I Have a Dream" speech. It still gives me goosebumps not matter how many times I watch it! We read a few amazing book all about Dr. King to make sure we really understood what he stood for. 
We then read the poem We Can Be Like Martin. I got this awesome resource from Mrs. Larremore over at Chalk Talk!

My Dr. King I made! 

After we read the poem we discussed all the amazing things that Dr. King stood for. The list they came up with was AMAZING!! Here is how they thought they could be like Martin.



 Just makes me so happy!

SOOOO, now the 100th day!! Such a great day, especially in first grade! We rotated around all the classrooms. I did a 100 day trail mix, Ms. Simoneaux did froot loop necklaces, and Mrs. Mathieu did a writing activity about what we would do with 100 dollars. Here are some fun photos from the day!

Counting in groups of 10






Such a great time! It was even better that we came with an article of clothing with 100 things on it. Even I hot-glued 100 pom poms to my shirt! 
:)

:) :)

:) :) :)!!!!!





Perfect end to a perfect day!

Ms. Thomas :)

0 notes to the teacher:

Post a Comment