Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Late Thanksgiving Update!

So, we all know after having too much turkey over the holidays it can be hard to get going again! I know it is after Thanksgiving but the projects were too cute to not share!

We started out the week with our totally out of sight tie-dye turkeys! Mrs. Cooley gave me this great idea over at First Grader...at last! We took coffee filters and colored them with markers in any pattern that we wanted. Then, Ms. Thomas put them in water to make all the colors bleed together to make them out of sight! We then put our legs and faces on to add them to Ms. Thomas' turkey farm!
 My other favorite blog to read is The First Grade Parade. Mrs. Carroll has amazing ideas. I knew my kids would love this.
 We read "If You Sailed on the Mayflower in 1620" by: Ann McGovern. We found out that the pilgrim children were not allowed to bring a lot of things with them. We then thought about what we would of liked to bring. The kids came up with some very practical items. So after that we of course had to "pack"!

My favorite project the whole week was our "Disguise a Turkey". The kids did such a great job making sure those turkeys would not get eaten! They had to pick an outfit for the turkey to wear and then fill in this poem:

My Name is __________ Turkey, 
And I am afraid as can be!
I am wearing a _________ disguise, 
So you won't catch me!

Here are some of the turkeys, see if you can spot them!



We finished out the week with helping our friend Chris the Turkey out by saying we would only eat something other than turkey on Thanksgiving! I have to say my class has some seriously diverse palates!



It was such a great week, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to work with these amazing kids! Hope the holiday was joyous!

Ms. Thomas :)

0 notes to the teacher:

Post a Comment