Monday, December 6, 2010

The Holiday Season has Begun!

So, we gave ourselves a break before we jumped into holiday decorating after all the gobble gobble! We started to make our costumes for Thursday today, and boy are they going to look adorable! I am so impressed, all of my readers have their lines memorized! I hope to see all my parents on Thursday! :)

I decorated the classroom with some festive holidays around the world symbols. We have a menorah for Hanukkah, a kinara for Kwanzaa, and a tree for Christmas. We have been discussing all about these holidays, and how it is important to know about different cultural celebrations.






Today, we discussed all about their favorite Christmas topic...GIFTS! Instead of talking about toys, games, and bikes we talked about the things we sometimes forget about during the holidays. I gave them the sentence "The best gift of all is.." I was so happy to hear of all the things they are thankful for and think is the best gift. We then wrapped them up in a bow and this is what they looked like:








It was so sweet to see what they hold dear! Thank to Mrs. Carroll at The First Grade Parade for your inspiration!

After we put them all together, we made a beautiful Christmas tree out of our handprints! 



Stay tuned...there is more to come! 

-Ms. Thomas :)

0 notes to the teacher:

Post a Comment